Thursday, June 4, 2015

Thoughtless Thursday: And The Days Go By

I'm so glad it's Thoughtless Thursday because otherwise how would all the stuff I want to share get connected today?

Last week Ted, Kevin, and I went on a scuba vacation on the island of Bonaire. The whole time was a blast, of course, and we got some cool photos and saw some creatures for the first time (ex. slipper lobster). While on land we were entertained by the pelicans who enjoyed fishing from the dock, diving from the dock into the clear water when they saw an enticing target.



We got home in the wee hours of Sunday morning. As usual after a trip, the cupboards and fridge looked pretty bare. I visited the grocery store to pick up enough to get us through until Tuesday when I planned to visit the commissary and get stocked up for at least two weeks. 

Tuesday morning after walking Toby, I checked the weather forecast. No rain was predicted until 4 PM. Sunny skies and the radar was clear. I put Toby in the back yard with his water dish to enjoy the great outdoors while I shopped. 

Now, the commissary is a  huge building,  it's a 30 minute drive, and my shopping list was long (honestly I try to get enough to keep from coming back for as long as possible). Two hours later the bagger filled the trunk under threatening thunderclouds. My heart sank as it rained "cats and dogs" going home. I worried and drove as fast as I dared, thinking of how traumatized poor Toby would be.



 Actually, he was wet and thrilled to come in the house, but the one who was traumatized was me. Toby was fine after a treat and being towelled off, but I wanted to find a weatherman to smack.



 Tuesday was also our 36th wedding anniversary. We had just had a deluxe vacation so we didn't really make any special plans. Ted surprised me with flowers and champagne, and after going to hot yoga (weirdest anniversary date ever :) we had bubbly and sushi. 



Then yesterday my craft table was finally delivered!  I'm still working on reorganizing everything but it's exciting to have a space that is mine for painting, sewing, and craft projects. (Did you see where Toby left his bone?)

There's all the news. Suddenly two weeks goes by and it doesn't seem possible, but each individual day is full of big or little stuff that just makes up daily life, moment by moment.

I hope all your moments today are ones you'll remember with a smile!

Thoughtless Thursday is a blog hop hosted each week by Ruckus the Eskie.

13 comments:

  1. Hi Y’all!

    Isn't it always the way, you Humans get yourselves all worked up over nothing!

    That was a perfect barks and bytes post...a little of this and a little of that about anything, not just dogs. Check out Heart like a Dog or 2Brownddawgs for links.

    I’ve relocated to www.browndogcbr.net. There is a link on http://browndogcbr.blogspot.com .
    Hope y’all come to my new home. I’m still workin’ on it. You need to click the title to find a spot to comment.

    Y’all hurry on by now!
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay I'll update my blog list and come over to see your new page. You're really brave to switch it up like that. Thanks for the tip on the barks and bytes hop.

      Delete
  2. Small world....My hubby and I are headed to Bonaire a week from Saturday on our annual dive trip! Looking forward to your pictures! I am bringing my GoPro and new light systems and trying video for the first time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, where do you stay? We stay at Buddy Dive. We've been there 3 times now. Water temp was 81 degrees :) We aren't great at the photography underwater but it's fun to try. We don't take the camera on every dive though. Have a great time diving!

      Delete
  3. HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO YOU...
    My goodness... that rain came up fast... YES... SMACK the Weather Blabber with a Wet Dry Off Towel....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that's perfect. We were listening to the radio in the car this morning, and the local weather blabber said "50% chance of rain today" - and it was raining. I wanted to say, "try looking out the window!"

      Delete
  4. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!
    Mom is drooling over your craft table!!!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes it's going to be great. We had it made using plans on the Internet. The cabinetmakers did a fantastic job!

      Delete
  5. happy anniversary! I just celebrated my 14th boo to the weather

    retro rover

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's so cool that we have the same anniversary date, June 2. Your new puppies are so cute.

      Delete
  6. The weather geeks here are often way off base. Mom says if she had done her job with the (lack) accuracy they do theirs her boss would have kicked her to the curb. Toby mom said she used to rinse her hair with rain water to make it soft..are your furs soft?
    hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've been busy, sounds like a wonderful vacation. Congrats on 36 years beautiful roses.

    ReplyDelete

We love to know what you have to meow, bow-wow, growl, or just plain howl. Leave a comment for us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...