Thursday, May 8, 2014

Thoughtless Thursday: Take Your Walk For A Dog/ WoofTrax

 Not the kind of tracks on Toby's bandana…WoofTrax is a new app.


Wanna go for a walk, Toby?
Or would you rather raise money for shelter dogs?

"Use your smartphone, we'll do both."

What a good idea! I just found the WoofTrax app. You can get it at the Google Play store or by clicking here

WoofTrax lets you enter your dog by name and even add a picture. Then just open it and tell it when you walk your dog. The app measures your distance and 3 times a year donates some $ per mile walked to the shelter of your choice. The average donation is $.25/mile. If you walk every day like Toby and I do, that can start to add up fast. The developers say users have logged 39,000 miles in 48 states. Almost $10,000 to shelters around the country.

The only drawback when I used it today is that I don't normally bring my phone on walks. It's going to be a change of habit to remember to bring it along. I'm going to try though, because it's such a great idea for a way to support shelters by doing something good for Toby.

Today is the Thoughtless Thursday blog hop, hosted by Ruckus the Eskie. Hop around and find some new friends, or visit old ones!




5 comments:

  1. Great idea for raising money for shelters who do such wonderful work. We sadly don't have a smart phone just dumb staff LOL. Have a fabulous Friday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great app. I've been trying to figure out ways to document Ruckus's activities!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this on someone else's blog too, and I downloaded it on my phone! It is all ready to go! Too bad it is raining out today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I never heard of this very cool
    Retro rover

    ReplyDelete

We love to know what you have to meow, bow-wow, growl, or just plain howl. Leave a comment for us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...