Friday, February 7, 2014

The Answer to "Who Am I - Cat Edition"

Thanks to all who tried to guess my secret identity!
I'm not a puma.
I'm not a bobcat,
And I'm not an ocelot.


Teri and the cats of Curlz and Swirlz correctly identified me. I am a jaguarundi! A "Gulf Coast Jaguarundi". Puma yagouaroundi. And guess what? I might be coming to a state near you!

You see, like the ocelots, I used to live in Texas but now I'm only found in Mexico. My habitat got turned into farms and houses. But the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service has a recovery plan for me. They want to reintroduce me and will protect me until there are at least 500 cats like me in Texas, crossing the border to mix genes with my Mexican amigos!
Photo Source: ARKive
(click here)

I'm pretty busy during the day, hunting rodents and reptiles (see, though I look scary I'm a good guy). So someday if you are in South Texas, maybe you will be lucky enough to get a glimpse of me!

You can learn more about me and other endangered species by visiting the Center for Biological Diversity.  
And a big thank you to Teri for knowing who I am and for becoming the tenth follower of Terra Toby!



5 comments:

  1. Well I guess I'm not going to pass this test but one thing for sure I know is you have beautiful eyes.
    Lots of hugs madi the housecat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool story. I hope that the reintroduction is a raging success!

    Ever since Feedly came around, I stopped remembering to "follow" blogs. I'll do that now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toby that was a most interesting
    story. Very handsome indeed.
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I wouldn't want to meet one in the wild, but then again I don't plan on heading to TX any time soon. ;)

    ReplyDelete

We love to know what you have to meow, bow-wow, growl, or just plain howl. Leave a comment for us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...