Tuesday, September 11, 2012

9/11

I will never forget where I was when I heard about 9/11. I was driving home from a mammogram when I heard the radio talking about a plane flying into the twin towers. I rushed into the house to turn on CNN and watched in horror and disbelief as the news unfolded.

Later, after lunch, I kept my appointment to arrive at my assigned school for my first day of student teaching. Needless to say, I didn't observe anything being taught that day as the faculty tried to help students get through the afternoon.

Everyone who reads this will have their own memories of that terrible day. Many of you will have rushed to help. Some will have joined the military to keep us safe from future attacks. Others will have prayed, sent money to the Red Cross, reached out to neighbors who lost loved ones. 

I just saw a video on the Tales and Tails blog paying tribute to the search and rescue dogs and therapy dogs who tirelessly served in the wake of 9/11. Click here to watch the video. It is moving and dignified. It made me cry. It is brief. I don't think anyone will be sorry they saw it. Thank you, Tales and Tails.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to know what you have to meow, bow-wow, growl, or just plain howl. Leave a comment for us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...