Wednesday, July 4, 2012

It's Official - Toby's a Licensed Therapy Dog

Toby demonstrates his endearing Therapy Dog manners.
Quelle cutie!!!
Dream come true for me - I am now the junior member of a Therapy Dog Team! The star of course is Toby.
Toby in his new Therapy Dog Bandana
Toby's license and bandana arrived with a list of potential sites to visit. We have an appointment later this week at our city's hospital. This includes opportunities to visit a local assisted living facility run by the hospital. I am also looking into the chances to visit the local library. Toby LOVES children.





I'm so excited about the chance to share my beloved dog's sweetness with others. I don't know yet whether he'll prefer children, elders, or just disabled adults. Experience will tell. But as a biologist, I am confident that as a volunteer with Toby, we'll make a difference for people in their neediest times. 
 Kind of fantastic that just by being a temporary furry friend, Toby can help people outside his family. I'll update after our interview!

3 comments:

  1. Way to go Toby you are going to do GREAT! Our mom is a special ed teacher and at her former school she had a therapy dog visit regulary. The children (and staff) loved it!

    urban hounds

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Toby on your accomplishment.
    Butt wags, (bobbed tail)and slobbery kisses from Attacks with Love the service dog.

    ReplyDelete

We love to know what you have to meow, bow-wow, growl, or just plain howl. Leave a comment for us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...