Thursday, April 5, 2012

Recommended Reading - Some of my Favorite Doggie Books!

If you're visiting this blog, chances are you like reading stories about dogs. Just for fun I'd like to share some of my favorites and some titles I've enjoyed on my kindle. Some of them are even for free for kindles.
Enjoy, and if you have a recommendation for me please let me know!

1. Merle's Door by Ted Kerasote. The very best dog book I've ever read. Hands down.
2. Amazing Gracie by Dan Dye. Gracie is the mascot/inspiration for the all natural dog treat company he founded.
3. Until Tuesday by Luis Carlos Montalvan. Heroic author - moving story of how a service dog helps this wounded warrior get his life and self-esteem back. 
4. 'Murphy' A Message to Dog Lovers by Ernest Gambier Parry. Set in another place, a long time ago. Man and dog bonds are timeless.
5. Thunder Dog by Michael Hingson. The author is blind and saved himself and many others during 9/11 because of his service dog.
6. One Good Dog by Susan Wilson
7. A Life Worth Living by Jennifer Probst
8. Timbuktu: A Novel by Paul Auster. Fiction, but brilliant rendering of the loyalty and point of view of a dog who is the companion animal of a highly intelligent homeless man.
9. A Dog Named Slugger by Leigh Brill. Author has cerebral palsy and Slugger made college, marriage, etc. possible (one of her first dates with future husband is to play fetch with the dog).
10. The Call of the Wild by Jack London. Classic, still moving and great literature to boot. 
11. White Fang by Jack London. Sort of the "opposite" of selection #10 and just as absorbing.

There you have my current top eleven :)  - I'd love to hear from you if you read any of these books and like them as much as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to know what you have to meow, bow-wow, growl, or just plain howl. Leave a comment for us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...